Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 22:14
Version 1.9 (10/2014)
- Search POI along the route
- Get visual and audio notification by approaching to waypoint
- Mark road as impassable per session
- Longer route calculation up to 500km
- Special audio notifications in case you are back on the route
- Support of turn lanes
- Navigation takes into account traffic signals
- New and Updated styles including OsmAnd, LightRS, UniRS
- More details and parameters for rendering styles
- Public transport map and Subway map
- Show road surface, road smoothness
- Increase map details level independently from map text size
- Login/Logoff functionality
- Automatically download groups and devices for registered users
- Better error handling
User Interface and Others:
- Easier to download and update maps
- Support Android Wear
- Print itinerary and turn information
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 22:02
- OsMo plugin:
- Advanced Live Monitoring
- Stream your location to your friends and see their location on the map
- Create and join active groups
- GPX (My Places):
- Detailed stats / split GPX track by distance and check altitude difference/speed
- Supports GPX/KML import (convert from KML to GPX)
- Favorites (My Places):
- Assign different colors and setup visibility per group
- Search Favorites by name
- Smart merge of favorites.gpx
- Calculate route between route points of GPX track
- More configuration for navigation (autohide buttons, speek in advance)
- Auto start navigation after delay
OsmAnd 1.7 is coming. The biggest breakthrough of this release is a new route planning mode, after any Directions action, which is designed to quickly change start and destination point, tweak parameters and see immediate route recalculation.
- One of the major changes is route calculation engine. It is completely rebuild and gives precise route based on routing parameters.
- To take advantage of all features of new route calculation, maps should be updated as March 2014.
- GPX route calculation is moved under Route Settings button and feature of 'Pass the whole track' enables OsmAnd navigation, so you will always get map instructions even if you deviated from the route.
- Active tunnel simulation (long waiting feature)
- Speech rate setting (accessibility)
- Lots of small & handy features
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 July 2014 09:05
New maps are available to download World bitcoin payments and World seamarks.
In order to see all places where you could pay bitcoins in bitcoins present in Open Street Map, you could use 'POI Layer' or 'Search POI' in category Finance. You can also use search by name in order to find all places.
Since OsmAnd 1.7 : new sub category "bitcoin" is present in the category "Finance".
Seamarks is POI layer of OpenSeaMap, which later will be transformed into a special rendering map style.
Maps will be updated on the regularly schedule.
Last Updated on Saturday, 26 October 2013 13:26
New major release is rolled out. It has lots of small & useful features. We completely redesigned how the map rendered, now you would not see view freezes while dragging the map. Here is the short list of new features :
- Support of Full HD devices
- Support transparent map background (allow to see map over satellites view)
- Show downloaded maps and facilitate downloading missing maps directly from the map view
- Contour line map files now bundled for countries/regions
- New world basemap with major roads, railroads, and major areal features like forests
- Map magnifier feature (long click on zoom button) - Useful both for tile and vector maps
- Define/edit custom online tile sources (and specify expiration time)
- Support of time conditional speed limits (Netherlands for example)
- Faster search address input
- Bug fixes with routing and rendering
Page 1 of 3