This article is incomplete
This article is incomplete & needs to be reviewed. You can help by creating a pull request.
OsmAnd development plugin is only necessary for developers and experienced users. It allows you to simulate navigation routes, check screen rendering performance, etc.
Development plugin allows you to settings OsmAnd for testing: to simulate navigation routes, check screen rendering performance, etc.
Enable / Disable plugin
Android: Menu → Plugins → Developer Plugin
Android: Menu → Plugins → Developer Plugin → Settings
Settings and info
- Safe mode - Run the app in (slower) safe mode.
- Simulate your position - Simulate your position using a recorded GPX track.
- Rendering debug info - Display the rendering performance.
- Simulate first app start - "Sets the flag indicating first app startup, keeps all other settings unchanged."
- Show free version banner - Display the free version banner even in the paid version.- Test voice prompts - [Select a voice and test by playing announcements:](/docs/user/navigation/voice-navigation#testing-of-voice-prompts-android)
- Logcat buffer - Check and share detailed logs of the app
- Allocated memory - shows operatinal memory for Adnroid and ART (Android Runtime).
- Total native memory - shows native memory for Android and ART (Android Runtime).
- A-GPS info - shows info about A-GPS data
- Day/night info - shows sunrise/sunset time.
How to use
Click to Simulate your position in the Settings → Navigation. Next, you need to choose route simulation speed and choose GPX track for simulation of device location.