Great news for Android users!
We're happy to announce the new 4.4 OsmAnd release for Android devices.
- Improved "Tracks" menu in "Configure Map",
- Context menu now displays localized names for POI,
- Added option to share route by link,
- Map orientation added new fixed mode,
- Added "Display position" menu,
- Simplified start screen,
- Added "Speed/Slope" graph for track analysis,
- Added "Nautical miles/feet" unit of length,
- The App language on Android 13,
- Downloading online tiles used as "Overlay" or "Underlay" maps,
- Imperial measurement units for "Vehicle parameters",
- Moped profile,
- Simulate location redesign,
- Bugs fixs:
- Fixed bugs with Android Auto.
- Fixed issues with displaying Vegan places.
- Fixed map gestures.
- Fixed Australian roads shields.
"Tracks" menu has a new design and more simple UX. It's easy to choose a needed track for showing it on the map, change appearance (⋮ more than one track) or make an import (⋮):
OsmAnd menu > Configure map > Tracks
Localized POI names
Added localized POI names for Map context menu. Click on the POI name to open the full name list.
After route creation in OsmAnd you can generate and send a link.
Navigation context menu > Details > Share button
Route link for example: https://osmand.net/map?start=50.212845%2C19.831682&end=50.141838%2C19.883652&mode=pedestrian#10/49.816523/19.846590
Added new fixed mode for Map orientation:
- Manually rotated (fixed)
Added the new settings for "Display position":
Menu → Configure profile → General settings→ Display position
Here you can choose three variants of your location on the screen map:
- Center: use center screen position for the cursor ("My location"),
- Bottom: use bottom screen position for the cursor ("My location"),
- Automatic: bottom for movement direction, center for all others.
Simplified Start screen
Restructure the Start screen. Now there is an opportunity to open OsmAnd Cloud.
Added Slope/Speed mode for Analyze track on the map.
Nautical miles and feet
Added "Nautical miles/feet" for Units & formats.
App language for Android 13
Added support for OsmAnd language preferences (Android 13):
App info (OsmAnd) > App languages
Downloand Overlay/Underlay maps
Added possibility to download online tiles used as "Overlay" or "Underlay" maps:
Map Context menu → Actions → Download map
Download/update tiles menu will be opened.
Added support of imperial measurement units for "Vehicle parameters".
Open Menu → Settings → Profile → General settings → Driving region → USA
Now, you can choose inches for Vehicle parameters: Menu → Settings → Profile → General settings → Navigation settings → Vehicle parameters
Added new profile - Moped. It uses a "moped" routing profile, has a bicycle as a parent, and is disabled by default.
Redesign Simulate location
We redesigned "Simulate your position" by adding a new screen with settings.
- the issue: movement direction map orientation is flipped and jiggles,
- the split-screen issue,
- fixed crash with GPX selection,
- the issue with the Navigation info panel,
- added support Android Auto map mode: Day, Night, Automatic.
Vegan places POIs
Fixed the issue: "Most vegan places don't show".
Fixed map gestures for tilt, zoom and rotation:
Australian roads shields
Fixed Australian roads shields.
Follow OsmAnd at Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Instagram!
Join us at our groups of Telegram (OsmAnd News channel), (EN), (IT), (FR), (DE), (RU), (UA), (ES), (PL), (AR), (TR).